Friday, October 21, 2011

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

You may have noticed, I haven't posted very much lately.

Simple reason for that. I've got a lot of content queued up to post (including a ton of photos, some reviews of gun products, some instructional stuff); that I just haven't had the energy to work on, because basically, I've been too sick and/or too tired since I got back from Gun Blogger Rendezvous this year.

Basically, the last six weeks have sucked. Too much going on, with too little time and energy to deal with it.

I spent two weeks down with the flu, another week recovering from my little nutritional issue; and through it all, when I wasn't sleeping 14 hours because I was sick, I've had chronic insomnia.

In the last ten days, I've had less than 30 hours of sleep; and 8 of those were last night.

Last night I was finally so exhausted, after spending the last two weeks sleeping 2 hours out of every 40 (yes, that bad), that I managed to get a full nights sleep.

Let's hope this starts a trend.

Oh and no, it's not my medications. One, this has always happened to me periodically throughout my life, since I was a little kid; it's just that I haven't been this bad in about two years. Two, I stop taking the stimulants when the insomnia hits.

Also, sleeping pills just don't work for me. Either they literally knock me out, and the sleep isn't restrful and I'm groggy as hell; or they just make me woozy and actually make the insomnia worse.

It's just something I have to gut through.

That said, I have content today... but right now I need to go to the dentist. Yay.