Monday, July 07, 2008

The ABCs of Mel Meme

Blatantly stolen from Breda

The ABCs of Me

Accent: I grew up in AZ so I have no real accent. However, I easily pick up accents so every time my aunt from Tennessee visits I sound like a southerner for a week.

Breakfast or no breakfast: Double shot of espresso with cream first thing in the morning just so I can survive. Otherwise, something quick like toast or a bagel.

Chore I don’t care for: All of them.

Dog or Cat: 2 huge dogs and 2 small cats.

Essential Electronics: A laptop, a desktop, my phone/pda, and my mp3 player.

Favorite Cologne: Flower by Kenzo. Slightly floral, very light, and doesn't make me sneeze like most perfumes. Most hated: Pleasures by Estee Lauder. I used to work in a duty free store where I earned a percentage on all of my fragrance sales. I've smelled and tested almost everything on the planet, and Pleasures turns my stomach.

Gold or Silver: Yellow gold, NO diamonds. I hate diamonds with a passion.

Handbag I carry most often: A black leather Brighton Collectibles cross-carry bag. It blends in with what all the other Scottsdale housewives are carrying, leaves both hands free, and has a pocket for my carry piece.

Insomnia: Hah. I can fall asleep on the couch with Chris playing Call of Duty 4 at the highest decibel level possible.

Job Title: Professional wife and mother, of Chris's personal assistant.

Kids: 2 little girls, ages 6 and almost 5. They keep me on my toes and are entirely too smart and canny for their ages.

Living Arrangements: Modest 1950's house in the affordable part of Scottsdale.

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: Manipulating the hell out of my teachers.

Most Admirable Trait: My patience and ability to deal with the engineers that constantly surround me. Oh, and my self-control in not killing my sister-in-law 4 weeks ago.

Overnight hospital stays: 2 childbirths and 1 kidney biopsy.

Phobias: Bridges. Deep water. Drowning. Being forced off the road through the mountain passes between my house and my Dad's house (almost happened once).

Quote: I have no fucking idea.

Reason to smile: I am completely and utterly spoiled.

Siblings: 3 older brothers.

Time I wake up: In theory 6:45, more realistically 7:15 unless the kids or dogs are making too much noise.

Unusual Talent or Skill: Yeast likes me. I've never had bread that didn't rise, and most of the time it rises in about a third of the time its supposed to take. Oh, and butter doesn't melt in my hands so pastry likes me too.

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Turnips. Can't stand 'em.

Worst Habit: Procrastinating. And swearing. I didn't swear near as much before I met Chris.

X-rays: Tons of dental x-rays when I was young. I spent ages 10 through 14 in braces.

Yummy Stuff: Sushi. I love sushi dearly. And sweet potatoes.

Zoo Animal I Like Most: ANY of the big cats.

Mel