Saturday, July 19, 2008

JohnOC once asked me...

Why I like the tv show "The Big Bang Theory" so much.

My short answer? Because I KNOW these people.

For example, Sheldon in the nameless big box electronics store bears quite a resemblence to Chris at Best Buy, Costco, and Fry's Electronics:



I've lost count of the number of hours I've spent looking at random stuff in a store because Chris has run into someone who needs his help (Fry's is the absolute worst for this of course).

Then of course there were all the guys I hung around in high school (and hang around with today.

I've been put in Penny's situation before:


This is entirely too believable to me:


Of course not all of the best clips are on youtube yet. For example, the scene at the end of Episode 2 where the guys "improve" the entertainment center they are assembling for Penny... let's just say the engineers around me come to mind.

If you are at all geeky (and most of our readers are) I can't recommend "The Big Bang Theory" highly enough.

Mel