I read more than is entirely healthy (I have to do something when I'm supposed to be sleeping); and I tend to go through books like I do caffeinated beverages (note for the uninformed, that's a HELL of a lot).
So here goes:
1. Total Number of Books I've Owned:
hmm... Ever, at any one time, or right now.
Ever is a pretty big number; probably something over 5000.
At any one time is 2400, proabably 1/3 hard cover, and 2/3 paperback (and half -2/3 Sci-Fi at any rate).
Right now is about 300
2. Last Book I Bought:
I bought 11 books the other day at B&N (but STILL haven been able to find Silent America or "Old Mans War" in a store. I'll just bite the bullet and order from Amazon). I don't have the full list handy, but there was some David Weber, Eric Flint, John Ringo, Simon R. Green, and the piece de resistance, Thomas Sowells "Black Rednecks and White Liberals".
That one ought to be an interesting read
3. Last Book I Read:
The last book I finished was David Webers "We Few", the latest in the Roger McClintock series (I think they are officially calling it the Star Empire series or something like that).
I'm currently reading Jim Butchers "Dead Beat", the latest in the Harry Dresden Chronicles.
4. Five Books That Mean A lot to Me:
Oh wow this one is tough... theres so damn many... I'mna have to cheat and list some series or compilations. I'm a big reader of series, and you cant really separate some of thes series from each other.
1. Ok I can't pick out any particular Heinlein book, I know it's cheating but his entire body of work needs to be listed.
2. David Eddings extended series The Belgariad, Mallorean, Elenium, and Tamuli. Tehcnically speaking it's 19 books, set in two different settings, but really they are actually just one continuous really long novel in several parts. They are my favorite Fantasy books of all time.
Some of the best dialogue and humor of any books I've ever rad, of ANY genre; never mind genre fiction.
Some people piss and moan because they are repetitive; but if you havent figured out by the end of the second series that THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY, IT'S PART OF THE STORY... well you are just not going to like them.
3. The Tom Clancy Ryanverse novels; because they show that some people really do still give a damn, and still know how to get things done.
4. The collected works of Mark Twain. I would say without question the greatest American writer of all time.
5. The collected works of William Shakespeare; especially Henry V, and "Much Ado About Nothing"
5. Tag Five People to continue this meme on their blog:
I don't do unsolicited chains, but anyone who reads me and WANTS to do this, trackback and I'll link it up.