Thursday, March 02, 2006

Life changes and blessed, blessed relief...

Outside of a few issues with the landlady we are completely done with the old condo. I have never been so relieved to move. The condo had many problems, from sinks that would not drain, to lack of light (here no less), to an absolute lack of space. Plus it never really felt like it was MINE. Chris was there 2+ years and when I moved in there wasn't any room to really unpack. It felt like I was constantly visiting. But the house is different. The house is full of my family and my STUFF and my responsibilities. Definitely an improvement.

Since Chris is between contracts I'm headed back to work on Sunday. I dropped by my old part-time job last weekend and found out they'd been trying to reach me (I need to rip my brother a new one, which I'll do later). There's plenty of work to be had and I am more than happy to fill in. Plus, I work at a park, which has it's own benefits (like 4 miles of trails to walk on my lunch). I am DAMN good at my job, and more than ready to get out of Scottsdale for a bit. Nothing is better for social anxiety disorder than exposure to the public and I really miss the camaraderie of my co-workers. So all is well.

Until then I have unpacking to do. Trucks full of stuff to unpack. Ah, the joys of running a household...

Mel

Just call me Mel, everyone else does.