Monday, September 05, 2005

Rockstar INXS - Reprise and the Originals

Okay so this week should be interesting. They are going to sing the viewers choice polls AND and original song each.

I wonder how they are going to set the show up because I'm sure it will effect the voting.

Overall I'm glad to see them doing viewer requests, but I'm not so sure about some of the choices:

Suzie - Bonnie Raitt, "I can't make you love me": Hmmmm, okay I think she's going to do really well here, but I'm worried about her doing an original. If she does well with the original I'd guess she's safe.

Mig - Black Crowes, "Hard to handle": Will he be competent, yeah, but I dont think Mig has the blues-balls if you know what I mean. As to an original, well we already heard one mediocre but competently sung original get Mig in the safety zone; I'd expect we'll see another one.

Jordis - Queen, "We are the champions" AND "Try Not": "Try not" doesnt sound right... dunno if its the arrangement or jsut not a great song. Of course we only got a 30 second clip of it so let's see. Also she jsut had no clue what to do with the band so... As to "...Champions" I'm sure she's going to do well with it. Shes got a great and powerful voice, but she REALLY needs to get the guts into it, or she's gone.

J.D. - "Nirvana, Come As You Are": First, ya gotta love the money quote "You know you've had a good night when you wake up with birthday cake around your mouth. You know you've had a GREAT night, when you wake up with birthday cake in your ass crack"... Yup it was J.D.s 32nd birthday, and they had a hell of a party, including a cake fight. Whatever you think of J.D. as a performer, the guy has personality.

Anyway the song... I think he CAN do very well with it, but I'm guessing he won't. I don't know why it is, because he clearly has the ABILITY to sing ALL the songs he's had very well. Unfortunately, once he actually gets up on stage the porkmeister appears and we are all drowned in ham for 3 minutes.

Marty - Foo Fighters, "Everlong" AND "In the trees": Okay Everlong should be good for Marty. He's saying that he's worried about the screaminess of the choruses, but I dont think he SHOULD worry, he should just do it. His original sounds good acoustic, so I hope he goes that way with it.