Friday, July 14, 2006

An odd day yesterday...

First, I got no sleep at all, because the dog kept alerting on something. I never could figure out what. Then the kids kept banging the walls in their sleep, then I had to be up at 6:30 anyway...

Overall not a great night.

So I mange to have a relatively productive morning, when I get a not very good phonecall from my mother.

Apparently she's been seizing all moning, and several times a day for the past few days; she thinks she may have had another stroke, and she needs me to take her to the hospital. S

he wont call an ambulance, she wont go to emergency after the last few experiences, she's arranged to meet her doctor directly; and she wont get my brother to take her because they are fighting (she's finally asked him to move out of the house).

Ok, so I cancel my meetings for the rest of the day, head up to my mothers (she's about 45 minutes away), and I go in to help her out to the car.

Now, I left the car running, with the doors unlocked, and the keys in the ignition. When I returned to the car maybe 2 minutes later, the car was still running with the keys in the ignition, but the doors were no longer unlocked.

Apparently the passive antitheft system automatically locks the doors after a minute or so, EVEN IF THE KEYS ARE IN THE IGNITION.

Even better, my phone, my PDA, and my wallet (with my AAA card) are all locked inside; and I havent had time to go down to the Ford dealership and have them reset the door code (the door handle has a keypad to unlock the car when it does this).

The car is now running in 110 degree heat, with the AC going full blast, on a full tank of gas, and no cooling air going through the radiator.

And of course, my mother still needs to get to the hospital right away.

So anyway, I call AAA, they send someone out, my brother will meet them; and I borrow the BMW that I'm so pissed about him just buying, and take my mother to her doctor.

It turns out she's alright, it was a medication imbalance that was corrected, and I was able to take her home in less than an hour. AAA had come and gone, and had no problem getting into the car. Even better, my brother hadnt stolen anything from me.

So I manage to get home, and I'm so exhausted I can barely move, but I still cant manage to fall asleep until after midnight last night.

Some mornings it's just not worth chewing though the leather straps eh...