Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rockstar Supernova - Week 2 elimination

Okay, so I was one off on the bottom three, it was Chris, Zayra and Jill, not Josh. I'm still holding out for the slow death by genital torture for Josh; and I think the Jill thing is more an expression of hatred for Hole and Courtney Love, than it is of Jill.

I missed the show because I was at my regular wednesday poker, and didnt see the encore; but I'm surprsed it was Toby reprising "Somebody Told Me"

Jill Gioia- Evanescence, "Bring Me To Life": Okay, the girl can sing; and although the courtney love thing sucked I didnt think she deserved to be in the botttom three. Thisng isn't right for her, but she had to show that vocal range, and it certainly did that.

Zayra Alvarez - The Kinks, "You Really Got Me": Okay, for some reason she chooses to do the same song over again. Yeah, she does a better job (much), but still not very good. Honestly I thought her performance was the worst of the three, but she had the guts to say "Okay I screwed that one up last night, lets do it again, but RIGHT this time".

Chris Pierson - Tonic, "If You Could Only See": Damn, he started off so well, and then all of a sudden, he sucked again. I think the guy COULD sing if he got some good coaching. Zayra is worse, but the band hates him more; and honestly he IS the worst performer, in general, the least professional certainly.

So, unsurprisingly it's Chris... I suppose Zayra actually does have some talent if someone could get her head out of her ass, and Jill didnt belong in the bottom three anyway, so no real surprise there.

So, who are my picks to go out next time? Weeeeelllll.... I think Phil, Josh, and Zayra are the worst. Phil and Josh can both sing, but they sing pop music and do silly things on stage. Zayra is just nuts. She could be good but she's too crazy.

Jenny, Patrice, Toby, Ryan, and Lukas, are all swimming around in the middle, and highly dependent on song slection. I think both Toby and Lukas could do better, but we'll see. I dont really know what to make of Dilana but if she gets the right songs shes higher than the middle, if she get the wrong songs she's not just lower, she's out.

Magni, Storm, Dana, and Jill are definitely the most talented, though how much ROCK Dana and Jill have in them is questionable.

Unless something weird happens with song selection, or personality clashes/freakouts etc... I'd predict at this point that it's going to come down to Magni and Storm.