Saturday, August 26, 2006

Glucosamine and Chondroitin

So does this crap actually work?

I picked up a big bulk bottle on sale at Costco a few weeks ago, and I've been taking a couple of these huge, uncoated horsepills every day.

Now, it SEEMS that they are helping a bit with my joint pain. Of course that may be a placebo, or it may jsut be natural variation in pain levels etc...

Studies are inconclusive, some saying it helps those with severe pain, but not much on light to moderate pain (I'm in the moderate to severe category. I really should be on perscriptions, but I don't want to bother with them, or pay ridiculous costs for minimal relief).

Additionally, does it actually help strengthen the damged joints any?

My physical therpaist a few years ago was a huge supporter, and he was the PT for a couple of professional sports temas, but that still doesnt meean it works...