Friday, February 18, 2005

In concert with eric, two takes on "Why I'm not a conservative"

The first is Freidrich A. Hayek's seminal essay "Why I'm not a conservative". Now you have to understand, Hayek is damned near a god to me. He is the economic philosopher upon which rational libertarianism is based.

The second is from a quite different source, a man who I have been an acquaintance of for some years named Eric Raymond. He wrote a little list "Top ten reasons I'm neither a liberal nor a conservative", which I mostly agree with. He's a little more to the antistate side than I am (and that's really saying something, but I find we have a general agreement on principals, if not necessarily on actions.

Actually in general, you should check out Erics blog, and his home page writings section